Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Tooth

Yesterday the thing I have been waiting for finally happened--David's first tooth broke through. It is the bottom left side--next should be another bottom tooth. The bonus was that he really wasn't fussy like everyone tells you they will be. As a matter of fact the only reason I checked to see if there was a tooth was because of the amount of drool coming from his mouth!! We are working on getting him to sit up on his own. He kind of has the concept and then he topples over...it is cute. I am going to keep putting him in the sitting position and hopefully that will build strength.
We went to the doctor yesterday and David was suppose to have a cat scan. We refused the treatment due to radiation exposure. I am no expert but I can't seem to think that it is ok to have even a small amount of radiation for no purpose. We will see our primary pediatrician July 16th and see if she feels it is necessary--in the meantime--no cat scan for David.
On another note Glenn and I get to go on a "date" this Saturday. I say "date" because all it really is is going out to dinner without David--not really a date. It should be nice. I love being with the little man but it will be nice to get away for a little bit. This is the exact reason I am looking forward to going home in July--I think that I need a little break
--having a baby is a LOT of work. More on that topic later.....

No comments: